Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Some examples of different ISO sensibilities

Last time I just explained different ISO sensibilities but I did not give some examples to exemplify what I wrote.

All of the next examples are 8x10 enlargements I made.


This one was shot with Ilford HP5 at 400 ISO, as you can appreciate grain is not so visible, but not invisible. It can handle good detail.


This film was Ilford Delta 400, shot at 400 ISO. Compared with the HP5 grain is smaller and holds better details. This film can emulate the feeling of a 100 ISO film.


This last image was shot with Delta 3200, at 3200, at first glance grain is visible, but as was developed with Ilford Micrphen, grain does not explode, and gives a nice texture to the image, even a warm one. But some details become diffuse 

Sorry if I did not published a 100 ISO photograph, I was not able to find one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment