Thursday, March 13, 2014

Welcome!

This is my first incursion on teaching old-school Darkroom photography in the Internet. Yes as I have mentioned it! Darkroom photography.

For me, at least, learning and trying to dominate film photography has been one of the best things that happened in my life. I have heard a lot of crossed reactions, from older photographers that got tired of darkroom chores, to guys that still love it, to young people that gets, as myself, marveled of how physical and chemical processes generate images.  I love so much film photography, that it could be a great loss if we do not keep it alive.

As about what I am going to use, through the blog and video tutorials, is what I have bought by the years, since I started to learn. I will try to keep it to the most economic as possible. I admit it, there are a lot of photographic stuff that is not even near to the meaning of cheap, but with some creativity, we can find some alternatives. About which camera is best… well, I will not touch that topic, it is like entering to religious stuff, like Apple vs. PC vs. Open Source (by the way I use Canon). The only brands that I will be telling you more about, are going to be related to photographic suppliers or film and paper brands.

At last but not least, I have been photographing, not professionally, by 3 years right now, lately I have also given lessons to newbies, from how to grab the camera to how to print a photo. Also, I have become the owner of my own Darkroom, so wait and maybe you are going to see that is not that hard to become a light alchemist. I am aware of the digital era, so I also have a digital camera and the use of digital processing via Adobe's Lightroom, with the time, and mostly related to photographic contests, I will talk about the digital realm of photography.

I hope you will enjoy what I am going to share, and maybe we can enlarge the knowledge of film photography.

PS: I am still setting up a date on the calendar to keep publishing articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment